Telemedicine & E-health
Arent Fox advises telemedicine and telehealth clients on a wide range of regulatory issues arising from the provision of this fast-growing treatment method. Our team assists with the development of solutions to new and evolving challenges related to licensure, reimbursement, privacy concerns, and fraud and abuse issues.
As the laws and regulations governing the practice of telemedicine continue their quick evolution to keep pace with technological innovation, Arent Fox works to ensure its clients stay ahead of this curve.
What We Do
- Provide guidance regarding state licensure requirements for the practice of telemedicine.
- Provide guidance regarding requirements for the practice of telemedicine in each state, including telemedicine platform requirements (including synchronous and asynchronous modalities).
- Provide guidance regarding requirements for reimbursement for telemedicine services (both for Federal programs including Medicare and Medicaid, and commercial payers).
- Provide advice regarding the structuring of contractual arrangements between third parties, distant, and originating sites for the provision of technology and professional services.
- Assess compliance risks associated with telemedicine and advise clients on strategies to mitigate those risks.
- Develop telemedicine practice materials, including compliance program and HIPAA materials, as well as patient consent forms.
- Assist clients in developing business models to help further their footprint in the telemedicine space.