Arent Fox is a leading provider of legal services to Hospices and Palliative Care programs throughout the United States, advising them on regulatory matters, fraud and abuse issues, audits, investigations, surveys, reimbursement, contracts, compliance programs, training, corporate structuring, transactions, administrative appeals, state and Federal litigation, government relations, HIPAA and HITECH, and managed care relationships.
We represent Hospices and Palliative Care Programs on:
- Licensure, certification, coverage, and billing issues
- Conducting internal investigations
- Defending against Federal and state investigations and audits involving:
- Department of Justice
- State Departments of Health
- The Office of the Inspector General
- State Offices of Medicaid Inspector Generals
- Medicaid Fraud Control Units
- Zone Program Integrity Contractors
- Medicaid Integrity Contractors
- Recovery Audit Contractors
- Responding to survey and certification or accreditation deficiencies
- Acting as general counsel, including for labor and employment matters
We conduct compliance audits and implement compliance programs and training, while advising providers on how to establish different types of Palliative Care Programs that comply with a complex and ever changing regulatory landscape.
Arent Fox is at the forefront of the palliative care initiative, working with state and federal regulators in an effort to lobby for changes in laws and regulations. We were instrumental in the effort to amend New York State’s hospice licensure law to include palliative care programs.
Arent Fox partners have served on the Regulatory and Public Policy Committees of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO), and have worked with the Center to Advance Palliative Care (CAPC).