Founded in 1991, Arent Fox’s New York office is home to an integrated team of legal professionals focused on building a collaborative and innovative environment that delivers the highest quality of legal services to its clients. The office combines a blend of entrepreneurial spirit with traditional and market leading practice groups that work seamlessly with the firm's strategically located offices in Washington, DC, Los Angeles and San Francisco to ensure that our clients receive the counsel and resources of the entire firm.
With more than 80 attorneys, the office has tripled in size over the last decade. Having assembled best-in-class practices in complex commercial litigation, intellectual property, real estate, finance, health care, business transactions, sports law, bankruptcy and financial restructuring. The office continues to grow and is actively engaged in identifying lateral attorneys and practice groups that will amplify our success, benefit our clients and enhance our existing practices.
Our New York office is a strong collegial environment where attorneys partner together to foster a culture of collaboration, communication and transparency. The diversity and range of backgrounds and experiences of our attorneys is a key asset, central to our ability to provide premier legal services and forms the foundation and commitment to legal excellence. Our attorneys have earned a reputation as smart business advisors as a result of legal counsel premised on our in-depth understanding of our clients’ challenges and industries. Our business acumen, capital markets knowledge and regulatory insights combine to help our clients to excel in today’s ever-changing business environment.
- Real estate developers
- Media companies
- Healthcare providers
- Financial institutions
- Fashion companies
- Beverage companies
- Medical device companies
- Electronics manufactures
- Consumer product companies
- Construction and interior design firms
- Pharmaceutical manufacturers
- Insurance and reinsurance companies
- Investment banks
- Private equity firms
- Entertainment companies
- Complex Commercial Litigation
- Real Estate
- Bankruptcy & Financial Restructuring
- Intellectual Property
- Public Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Health Care
- Media & Entertainment
- Insurance & Reinsurance
- Labor & Employment
- White Collar & Investigations
Arent Fox’s New York attorneys offer counsel that extends beyond the boundaries of a traditional corporate practice. Centered in the financial capital of the world, we have built a deep bench of senior level lawyers with extensive experience advising clients on transactional work that involves deals in every industry focusing on regulated or challenged industries we service and often in the $25 million to $500 million range.
As a trusted business advisor, we work with our clients to meet their business goals in transactions that range from highly complex mergers involving multinational companies to smaller deals for startups. Our clients range from mid-market privately held and publicly traded businesses to Fortune 500 companies, who benefit from our ability to create a unique, 360-degree view of our client’s transactional needs.
With this knowledge and perspective on the market place, we provide our clients with the insights that they need to optimize the value of their transactions, minimize risks and shorten the deal timeline.
As a member of the greater New York metropolitan area, we use our experience to aid the surrounding community. Our attorneys and staff have contributed thousands of hours in an effort to ensure that the firm remains at the forefront of the private bar’s effort to address unequal access to legal representation.
This year our attorneys aided in:
- Assisting the Center for New York City Neighborhoods with its launch of the New York State Mortgage Assistance Program that targets families trying to avoid foreclosure.
- Helping a single mother regain her footing after securing a dismissal of $250,000 of debt
- Assisting the East Harlem Block Nursery, a nonprofit providing early-childhood and after-school services, to sell a parcel of land to benefit its endowment.
In addition, we annually support and recognize individual organizations for their significant contributions to our local community. Recent recipients include:
- The Children’s Aid Society
- Older Adults Technology Services (OATS)
- Salvadori Center
- National Executive Service Corp.
- Ronald McDonald House of NY
- Hospice and Palliative Care Association of NY
- Chambers Global Rates our Bankruptcy, Intellectual Property, International Arbitration, and International Trade Practices Among Best in the World
- Four of our New York attorneys and four practice groups were recognized as leaders in the industry in the 2014 edition of Chambers USA
- Ten attorneys and 15 national practice groups were recognized in the 2014 edition of The Legal 500 US
- Three attorneys were recognized in the 2015 edition of The Best Lawyers in America
- 19 attorneys were named to the New York Metro Super Lawyers list
Our office is located in midtown Manhattan at 1675 Broadway. We occupy the top five floors of a 35-story building.