Rachel Hold-Weiss to Speak on Effective Compliance Programs at the Home Care Association of New York State Annual Compliance Conference
Health Care partner Rachel Hold-Weiss will be presenting at the Home Care Association of New York State Annual Compliance Conference in New York, New York. Rachel’s half-day presentation “Establishing and Maintaining an Effective Compliance Program,” will discuss various components of the establishment and maintenance of effective compliance programs in this time of heightened compliance and multiple audits by state and federal agencies.
Rachel will address the following topics:
- Why a compliance program is needed
- An overview of state and federal requirements for compliance programs
- Components of an effective compliance program, including the Office of Medicaid Inspector General’s eight required elements of a compliance program and the seven specific areas a compliance program must cover
- Which staff need to be trained and how training should be conducted
- Recent OMIG Compliance Guidance
- Testing the effectiveness of a compliance program, including auditing the compliance program and self-assessment
- State and Federal False Claims Acts
- Compliance findings and remedial actions
- OMIG (and OIG) voluntary disclosures
- Annual compliance (and federal) certifications
Click here to learn more about the conference.