Medical Staff Leaders and the Law Conference 2017
Please join Arent Fox in Costa Mesa for a unique conference dedicated to equipping your medical staff team with the most current skills, tools, and information to navigate challenging issues and provide effective leadership.
This year’s conference will address recent legal and regulatory updates, and explore significant new laws and cases impacting medical staffs. Among other topics, we will address SB 1177 and its impact on impaired physicians, and the latest developments relating to government investigations and compliance with the False Claims Act. We will also cover recent trends in medical staff litigation and explore the post-election impact of the new president and congress on the health care industry.
Planned Sessions Include:
- What's Hot and What's Coming: Medical Staff Litigation, New Federal Compliance Issues for Medical Staffs and Privacy and Data Security
- Thorny Issues: Late Career, Impaired and Disruptive Practitioners, and What About Retaliation Claims?
- Post-Election Impact of the New President and Congress on the Health Care Industry
- Recent Developments in Medical Staff-Hospital Relationships
- The Compliance Aftermath of Recruiting a Problem Physician
- What Is Keeping Chiefs of Staff and Chief Medical Officers Up at Night
Who Should Attend:
- In-House Legal Counsel
- Chief Medical Officers
- Chiefs of Staff
- Medical Executive Committee Members
- Chief Executive & Chief Operating Officers
- Medical Staff Professionals
- Others Involved in Medical Staff, Medical Group, and Physician Organization Activities
Arent Fox is an accredited CLE Provider in California. The program will qualify for 6.5 hours of CLE, NAMSS, and CME credit.
- Lowell Brown, Partner, Arent Fox
- Debra Albin-Riley, Partner, Arent Fox
- Thomas Jeffry, Partner, Arent Fox
- Sarah Benator, Counsel, Arent Fox
- Lanhee Chen, Counsel, Arent Fox
- Susanna Hathaway Murphy, Counsel, Arent Fox
- Steven Schnier, Counsel, Arent Fox
- Jade Kelly, Partner, Arent Fox
- Annie Chang Lee, Associate, Arent Fox