Medical Staff Leaders and the Law Conference 2016
Please join Arent Fox for a full day conference dedicated to equipping your medical staff team with the most current skills, tools, and information for navigating challenging issues and for developing effective leadership. This year’s conference will include up-to-the-minute legal updates, and will offer more of our popular and challenging case studies than ever before.
Planned Sessions Include:
What Does Integration of Delivery Systems Mean for Medical Staffs?
- Physician Recruiting and Medical Staff Peer Review: How to Coordinate?
- So Your Hospital Has a Medical Foundation: What Does That Mean for You?
- Examining Integrated Peer Review Within Integrated Systems
- Not Your Father's Whistleblowers: New Threats, New Compliance Strategies
- How Will the 2016 Presidential Election Affect the Affordable Care Act?
- The Evolving Role of the Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
- Case Studies
Who Should Attend?
- In-House Legal Counsel
- Chief Medical Officers
- Chiefs of Staff
- Medical Executive Committee Members
- Chief Executive & Chief Operating Officers
- Medical Staff Professionals
- Others Involved in Medical Staff, Medical Group, and Physician Organization Activities
Arent Fox is an accredited CLE provider in California. This program will qualify for 6.5 hours of CLE credit. CME and NAMSS credit are currently pending.
- Lowell Brown, Partner, Arent Fox
- Debra Albin-Riley, Partner, Arent Fox
- John Armato, M.D., Former Chief of Staff, Providence Healthcare, Torrance
- Sarah Benator, Counsel, Arent Fox
- Lanhee Chen, Counsel, Arent Fox
- Laurence Eason, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Providence Healthcare, Southern California Region
- Thomas Jeffry, Partner, Arent Fox
- Susan Melvin, D.O., Chief Medical Officer, Long Beach Memorial
- Susanna Hathaway Murphy, Counsel, Arent Fox
- Steven Schnier, Counsel, Arent Fox
- Karen Weinstein, Senior Counsel, MemorialCare Health System
- James Wells, M.D., Former Chief of Staff, Long Beach Memorial