Birgit Matthiesen to Speak on NAFTA and Other Trade Issues Affecting Canadian Companies
Birgit Matthiesen will speak during a webinar titled “American Storm: Top Canadian Concerns” host by Export Development Canada. The webinar will cover the top three issues that are causing concern for Canadian exporters. The issues include:
- What will “tweaks” to NAFTA look like?
- How will this affect Mexico-U.S. trade agreements?
- Will any new tariffs decrease my profits on my current or future contracts?
- What does the “America First” policy mean for my company’s competitive advantage?
- Some of my employees are Canadian citizens from countries under the temporary travel ban. Will they have trouble entering the U.S.?
- Should I diversify? The U.S. is my main market, but potential protectionist policies are making me think I should expand into other markets.
- Will my opportunities for doing business in the U.S. become more limited?